Monday, April 20, 2015

Techiman . . .good call Prez!

Hey there everybody,
I am happy to report to you that the mission president was inspired to send me here to Techiman. The area is productive (teaching wise) and the people are receptive. Even next week we will be having a baptism. I will send pics.
My companion (Elder Wilson) is a cool guy. Turns out that we were at BYU-I together the same time and have the same friends yet we never ran into each other haha. He is from Missouri and is 19. He is 5 transfers on mission or 7 months so far. So he definitely has the spirit really strong still and will help me with that aspect of my mission while I help him with his teaching skills. We will be a great companionship and seems like friends too.
In the apartment there are 6 elders. My companion is the District Leader and in the apartment are the Zone Leader as well. Their are 5 Americans and 1 from ivory coast (speaks barely any English) The apartment use to be the chapel for their group so it is pretty big... and definitely took long to sweep and mop this morning.  But, I could not be happier with the transfer. I am looking forward to the new area and new people to get to know and influence them with the gospel. Hopefully I will feel the joy that comes from obedience and i will enjoy the companionship of the holy spirit in my life. (and also being around Americans) God bless you all and I hope you are all doing great. 

~ Elder Cornelius ~

No comments: