Monday, July 7, 2014

Another week in Kumasi

Hey there Family and Friends,
I want to thank everyone who sent me an email this past week. I am not too sure what to say in this emai,l but I want to talk about the area a little and about how I’m doing I guess...
So, first I will talk about the area and how everything in Kumasi is doing. Let me just say that Kumasi IS the land of Milk and Honey.  The only downside is that everything is somewhat expensive here, but no wahala. My area is opposite to this huge university called UST (University of Science and Technology). In my area I have all kinds of religions.  I have a ton of Jehovah Witnesses in my area along with Buddhists, Methodist, atheists, and many more.  Looks like I will be crackin the books open and studying much harder than before due to the greater challenge ahead. My area is much bigger than it was in Tamale so now we are walking more than ever and sometimes we have to take tro tros around our area because it is too big.
Quick update on the Investigators:
I have been teaching someone who is muslim - he told me that he wants to switch to being a Christian and leave his entire past behind him. The only problem is that he fears his family and friends a ton. If he switches to being a Christian, his family will sack him of everything and his friends will never speak or look at him again. Also if he dies, his family would refuse to even look at the body and they would refuse to bury it somewhere. The other night when we were teaching him about the plan of salvation, I bore a powerful testimony to him.  I also invited him to come and play with us missionaries for our p-day activity, which was futbol and surprisingly he showed up. After we played and were about to leave, M told me that he was willing to forget about everyone and everything to join whatever he finds to be the truth! I gave him a baptismal date for the 27th of this month and he told me that he is eager to work for that day!


Just a small story that happened these last few days.  Oh, and let me add that it is soo nice to be able to teach the entire lesson about the restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ to a Christian and have them actually understand it..... the only problem with that is that the questions that these people are asking are actually making me think really hard and are having me dig through the scriptures to get the perfect answer.

Okay now about Elder Cornelius....here is truly not much to tell you except that I could not be doing any better. I have learned many things that are just small because of the positions that I am put in. In the apartment currently, there are 3 Americans and 1 Namibian. I did not quite realize how stubborn Americans can be! Now being in the apartment with two other Americans for the 1st time on my mission, I see that sometimes we Americans take things for granted and are too stubborn. So what I got out of this for myself is to just be thankful for what is given to me and to never complain because someone out there is suffering more than you are. We should not complain over the small things.  I am learning what not to do.
I am grateful for the things that I have been given and for the circumstances that I am in. I think that I would not be able to learn how to be like Christ if I were not in these situations and circumstances.  This last Sunday, I was at church in the UST W A R D!!!!  I finally have made it to a ward! I am so excited to have members to help us missionaries with the work and also because now I do not have to give a talk every Sunday along with teaching Sunday school and priesthood class. Now, the ward will help take care of my investigators and I can be another person in the crowd so to speak.

As you can tell.... The summary to how I am doing is that I am just happy to be doing what I am doing where I am doing it at this time. There is nothing better that I could be doing at this time that would make me the man that I am and the man that I am still to become.
I hope that this covers all the questions that any of you were having and I hope that everyone in America had a wonderful 4th of July!!! GOD BLESS THE PROMISED LAND!!!! Here, we did celebrate small by going to a restaurant and having some pizza as a zone. I did miss the cool fireworks show and setting off the illegal fireworks in the neighborhoods and all that fun stuff but no problem. I love you all and pray for each one of you. I will talk to you next week!
Sincerely,
Elder Cornelius


No comments: