Monday, May 25, 2015

Testimony and Pics

This week I had a wonderful experience I would like to share about testimonies of the gospel. For non-members of the church, this may seem weird but bear with me.
There is a man I am teaching, Bro G, who is incredibly smart and knows his bible very well. We have taught him about the Book of Mormon, the plan of salvation, the gospel of Jesus Christ, and all the commandments. He has been meeting with SDA people and Jehovah's Witnesses so he is not easily persuaded by anything.

Yesterday after church (he did not come for the first time in 4 weeks) we took our branch president to see him and ask him what the problem was or if he had concerns. We ended up talking about baptisms for the dead and about the sacrament and how we drink water instead of wine. We had taught him before about these things, but he just could not accept it so we asked him to pray about it and we would get back to him... So when we asked him about his concerns he brought up those two things. While the branch president was teaching in Twi, I was looking at D&C 27. Brother G eventually got us into a corner and pretty much confounded us,but the only thing I thought I had left was my testimony.

I opened to D&C 27 and read to him v. 1-4 and bore my testimony about the sacrament and about our Savior's atonement. Then my companion bore testimony about baptisms for the dead while reading D&C 120 something and the whole time I was just pleading with Heavenly Father that the spirit could allow Brother G to understand and accept the facts.

Next thing I know he was just sitting in his chair and said this all makes sense now... Truly the spirit did everything and we only just bore testimony. I wish I had more time to explain this experience but my time is finished.

I know that when we bear our testimonies of the gospel and of Jesus Christ, the spirit will enlighten the investigator in ways that we cannot.  This church is true and Satan is a liar!
Love you all
~ Elder Cornelius ~

Cashew Nut Tree

My crib

Can you push your workplace around?

Cool hats!

Zone Activity - Pounding Fufu


My bed broke right at 6:30 a.m. - how convenient!

No comments: