Monday, February 3, 2014

Email #8 (Tamale-Lamashigu) Average Week, But I'm Enjoying Tamale

Dear my fellow friends and loved ones,

This week was nothing special.  It got up to 112 degrees on Thursday but no big deal... just a huge sunburn. haha.  I am starting to enjoy this place despite the hard work. I have learned how to make this mission fun and how to make the work enjoyable - just the same way I seem to make anywhere I go fun and enjoyable. Today my companion and I got some sweet haircuts by this man who said he was professional and he only charged us 5 cedis each.  Here is the picture.

Oh and I cannot tell you how fun it is when I talk to pastors and teach them using the Bible and Book of Mormon.  haha.  I love to watch them when I show them the truth and they cannot deny it as it is written in the Bible.  Most people here believe the church that Jesus Christ established never collapsed, but then I show them in the Bible and oh man they just shake in their boots because an 18 year missionary knows the scriptures better than them. But, I don't want to be prideful because this week was actually pretty crummy numbers wise, which means that we did not teach as many people as we would have liked.  I cannot believe that this is going to be the 5th week that I have been actually proselyting and serving in Tamale. Time is going pretty quick since there is not much time to think about things other than the work at hand. I am working my tail off and I have been trying so hard this last couple of weeks and it seems that the time is starting to pass by quicker.

I have started to read Jesus the Christ, and oh my gosh! That book will blow your mind with doctrine! I am only on page 30 or so and I have gained a stronger testimony of our Savior and all that he has done for us. We literally owe our lives to Him because of what he has done for us, the Atonement.  I am also in the 21st chapter of the Book of Mormon and I am beginning to really understand all the doctrine that is being taught through old prophets of the Americas. This book is truly another testament of Jesus Christ showing us how we can better prepare ourselves for the day when we must stand before God and be judged according to our works and the desires of our heart. 

Oh and I also love Enya!! She is so great and she is approved here in the mission. She is an artist who made some incredible music. I suggest you go and listen to her stuff.

Okay I must rant for just one minute....  (Edits made!)  I HAD SUCH HIGH HOPE FOR THE BRONCOS!  EVERYONE MUST KNOW THAT ONCE YOU ARE A BRONCOS FAN, YOU WILL ALWAYS BE A BRONCOS FAN FOREVER!!!

okay now that is off my chest maybe some more photos......

This is me washing my clothes haha the lazy way.

This is indomie pizza and hot chocolate and an egg sandwhich. Indomie is the same as top ramen, but I put eggs in there as well and fried it to be like a ramen pizza.

Thanks everyone for the emails.  It really means a lot to me!

Talk to you in one week
With much love,
Elder Cornelius

"If you can look up, you can get up"

No comments: