Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Christmas

Hello My Wonderful Family!!!

Today is Christmas Eve and I wanted to let you know how much I love y'all and miss you this Christmas. As you well know this Christmas is much different than any one we have ever had. I am in Africa, Brett in AZ, Gary and Mom being in DC and Dad in CO. This is my first Christmas away from all of you that I love so much. But I don't think that I could be in any place better right now than in the service of my God.    

I have not heard one person say Merry Christmas until this morning and that is because they think that Christmas is today. It really feels like just another day in the harmattan season for me. But, it is no problem since I know that tonight I will be watching fireworks with my investors and some members. So I guess that will be the highlight of my Christmas.

We all know Christmas is celebrated by coming together as families and enjoying each other's love by opening the precious gifts that other's have gotten for them... But since this Christmas we cannot do that, let us remember what the real meaning of Christmas is. Whether you believe in God or not or in Christ or not... CHRISTmas is all about CHRIST and his birth. As a nation and continent and as a world, we celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ on December 25th. So take some time and reflect why this holiday is so important. To me this is the most important holiday we have because this holiday we recognize the Savior of the world being born. Think about this... If there was no Christmas, there would be no Easter and Easter is when Jesus Christ completes the atonement allowing us to be saved on terms of repentance and obedience.

For me I know that it is only through our lord and savior Jesus Christ that all can be saved. So this Christmas I have devoted much time to the scriptures and to learning how he came into the world. As I have done this.. I have felt the love of our savior much more in my life and it has made me want to become more like him. This Christmas my time here is being spent in service..to the Ghanaians and to the lord.


I love you all so much and I hope you do enjoy this wonderful holiday. Enjoy the wonderful food and gifts and the fireplace..(if it is working) and the snow cause here I am enjoying the top ramen and rice and heat and the dirt. It is a lot different for me this year but it will make the ones to follow much more sweet!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!
Love,
Elder Cornelius




No comments: