Monday, March 3, 2014

Email #11 (Tamale) Hello Parents

Hello my fellow parents...
Thank you so much for the heart touching emails. I actually took time to read them this week and I want to take some time to reply to them.
Mom- Thank you so much for pushing me to be the "one priest at activities and the only person at church on time."  I know that you have really tried your best in raising your kids and I think I want to share with you that you do not need to try so hard anymore.  Allow the Lord to step in and pull the yoke with you.  Especially when you are trying to guide Britt back into the church. I have given my testimony and words of encouragement to some friends and hope they will start to see the importance and the need to serve a mission.  The Lord has them in His hands and not mine.  I want to encourage you to continue reading the Book of Mormon and learning the gospel. I am currently in 3rd Nephi and holy cow do I feel like I am getting to know the Book of Mormon.  I want you to be able to say the people's names and the stories that go along with them... who cares about the years and the places but really understand the story and how the scriptures can apply to your life.  I hope that Arizona went well and that your time in Texas will be well worth it! Tell the family that Bobby says "hello and chop some good brisket for me!" The thought of eating smoked meat is making my mouth water haha. Love Ya!
Gary- I enjoyed your email this week very much. It touched my heart really. I want to thank you for all your effort in pushing mom along and the others in the family. I also want to thank you for the words of encouragement because they were well needed. The sun is hotter than Arizona despite whatever your app says. You must know that the technology they have here is not the same as what they have in America so the temperature readings are not usually accurate. I have never felt heat like this.. it really feels like I am contacting and teaching in the Sahara Desert. Oh wait I kind of am.. Thanks also for helping me with Dropbox and music and all of that... it is greatly appreciated. I am in 3rd Nephi and it is truly amazing that the Lord was born and still the Nephites were wicked and didn't care about the sign that was given to them. Shows that no matter how great the sign, people will continue in their ways unless they are humble or humbled. I guess you can call me "the Humbler" because I am trying to humble all of the people around this area to accept Christ and be saved, but it is no easy task.
Well time is short and you must know that I am very grateful you made the effort to see Sarah.  I love you guys so much and I thank God every day for the wonderful example and the wonderful things you guys have taught and shown me.
Love,

Elder Cornelius

No comments: